Tuesday 11 June 2013

Why Ghetto's Mbusii Moved To Radio Africa

Mbusii on Ghetto radio Goteana show!

FROM RAGS TO RICHES
After declining an offer to move to Citizen Radio last December, popular Ghetto Radio presenter Mbusii has now moved to Kiss FM and that, with new swag.

The news of his departure was broken to thousands of Dermaco reggae fans at Carnivore grounds on Saturday night-by Shaffie Weru. Whose radio show has been Mbusi’s closest rival since he started hosting the afternoon drive Goteana a few years ago.

“Change is as good as a rest.It is true I have already changed jobs and will be starting my new assignment at Radio Africa in about two weeks ,” the rather humble comical streetwise presenter told The Splash News.

It isn’t just a matter of switching jobs. I think I served my Goteana fans well during my stay and I know the loyal ones will find me wherever I go. My new pay is better but besides that, I had to move and enlarge my fan base,” he added.

Having changed the face of radio in Kenya by creating great following thanks to his sheng freestyle kind of hosting and his trademark hakuna mmbrrcha (loosely translated as there is no worry) on-air stance, Mbusii became a phenomenal with many radio stations trying to bait him with awesome offers.
But it was last year’s Citizen Radio offer decline that left many wondering if Mbusii’s career was just a mere passion for ghetto people or if he was in it for money.
“I am being allowed to move to Radio Africa as Mbusii with all ghetto lingo, something the other stations were not comfortable with. That works for me,” he noted.
Here are his photos 





No comments:

Post a Comment